Saturday, June 11, 2016

[REVIEW] Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes

Heya Peeps!
I'm back with a detailed (hopefully) review of the Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes.
I've only purchased three palettes (Vintage Romance, The Original & Garden of Eden) which I'll have pics and all below. I'll be reviewing all three palettes as a whole.

Rating:

PROS
- Some shades were very pigmented
- Affordable
- Selection of colours based on theme of palette
- Blendable
- Great for beginners

CONS
- Loose product/fall outs in palette making it messy
- Some colours cause loose fall outs when applied
- Some palette/colours weren't as pigmented as others

So the verdict...There's a reason why I gave it 3 stars, although there were more pros than cons I still feel as though this product deserves a 3. Compared to my other eyeshadows - I found that these are not as great in terms of formula, blending etc.
My favourite palette is the Vintage Romance palette, but I do wish they would add matte shades to this palette too!
The palettes are definately affordable and would be a good starter palette for beginners who are still learning. I still play with mine from time to time, so they're not completely forgotten.

I've definately noticed product fall outs when applying colours like Love in London, Tree of Life, Flora (usually the darker colours) no matter how many times I tap off the excess.
I've also noticed a couple of colours weren't as pigmented as the others in some palettes as you can see in the below swatches.. I've used my fingers to swatch these, so you can only imagine that those particular shades would be even less pigmented if you use a brush. I've read somewhere that people find it a lot better when you apply with a sponge applicator - I haven't tried this myself as I don't really like sponge applicators.

Vintage Romance (L to R): Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes, Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague, A Vow in Venice, Merry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona, Forever in Florence, Love in London

(L to R): Love in London (unsure why it looks brown in this photo, but definately black IRL), A Vow in Venice, Merry in Monte Carlo, Pretty in Paris, Meet in Madrid, Court in Cannes, Lust in LA, Romance in Rome, Propose in Prague, Forever in Florence, Honeymoon in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona

The Original (L to R): Black Cab, Royal, London Rain, The Thames, E10. Hyde Park, Cream Tea, London Eye, Big Ben, Penny Farthing, Sterling, Banksy

(L to R): Cream Tea, London Eye, Big Ben, Penny Farthing, Sterling, Banksy, Hyde Park, E10, The Thames, London Rain, Royal, Black Cab

Garden of Eden (L to R): Gates of Eden, Eve's Kiss, Paradise on Earth, Python, Forbidden, Flora, Entwined, Adam's Apple, Fig, Evergreen, Fauna, Tree of Life

(L to R): (Forgot to swatch Entwined - OOPS), Adam's Apple, Fig, Evergreen, Fauna, Tree of Life, Flora, Forbidden, Python, Paradise on Earth, Eve's Kiss, Gates of Eden


Do you own any of these Sleek MakeUP palettes? If so, what are your thoughts on them?


No comments:

Post a Comment