Friday, January 29, 2016

[REVIEW] Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade

Harro~!

I've been dying to try out the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow collections as I've heard so many good reviews about it, so it's time I do a review of my own.



Once again, thanks to my sister who purchased this for me on my birthday earlier this year!

At first I'm a bit skeptical about using gel products on my eyebrows, especially in the shade my sister bought for me, 'medium brown'.
We all know how smooth gel liners are and how pigmented it can be once drawn on (going off by experience with gel eyeliners).
I was worried my eyebrows would look "too dark" since I've got pretty long eyebrow hairs already.
At first I dabbed my brush in rather than line it with the gel, and tried to use a feather technique when applying to my eyebrows.. It came out pretty light and natural.
I then tried lining my brush to get more gel onto my brush and this time, I lined my eyebrows. Of course the color came out dark, but I was able to draw it the way I want to.

The thing I absolutely love about this is that it didn't fade for me as the day went by. Even during a hot sweaty day! That was super surprising for me as I usually wear powder on my brows then gel it with a brow gel, but there were times when that would fade away when I sweat. So I was pretty happy about that.

Now for PROS & CONS :)

Rating:
PROS:
- Long lasting than powder
- Waterproof
- Very pigmented
- Smudge proof
- Would probably last long as you don't need to put a lot of product on
- Lots of colours to choose from to match you brows
- Easy to use (for some)
I find that the Dipbrow is very easy to draw/shape your brows.You actually don't need too much of the product - a little goes a long way as it's got good pigmentation. I could sweat all day and my brows are still intact which is great!

CONS:
- Can be difficult to apply for some
- Difficult to remove
- Can clump
- The product can dry up inside the pot

I found that it took a while for me to get used to the actual application of the product - practice makes perfect! Good thing about it being waterproof is that it stays on, however, bad part about it is that it does take a good make up remover as well as face cleansing to completely remove the Dipbrow.
As mentioned above in my cons, it can get clumpy as being like gel liner, it can dry up quite quickly. Just ensure your pot is stored correctly (UPSIDE DOWN). That way all the oils run to the top of the pot.

I only apply the ABH Dipbrow Pomade when I'm heading out to somewhere fancy (that I'll need my makeup to stay on for a long time). I've read that a lot of people love wearing it as an everyday thing, but I still love my pencil, powder and gel routine.

I hope this review helps you with deciding on whether to purchase the product or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment