Sunday, December 27, 2015

[TUTORIAL] New Years Eve Makeup Look

The super fast forwarded video is up on my Makeup Instagram page @iheartcookiies, go and check it out if you haven't done so already!


What I've used in this Tutorial:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
♥ Motives Cosmetics - Gold Rush, Pink Gold, Cinnamon Spice, Hot Chocolate & Onyx
Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Intense Black
Benefit BADgal Liner Waterproof - Black
Canmake Jewelstar Eyes - 06 Pearl Brown
♥ Violet Voss - Fairy Dust & Golden Fairy
Ardell Lashes - Glamour Wispies
Jordana Cosmetics Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara - 301 Black
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara - Black


STEP ONE: Always prime your eyes before you start applying eye shadows! This is to stop your eye shadows from creasing/smudging during the day/night. This will also help create a flawless base that enhances your look.
After priming, using a fluffy brush (I used Sigma Beauty E35), gently swipe from left to right with Pink Gold along the crease area (I've gone abit above my crease as being Asian, it's hard to see colours applied to the crease area).
STEP TWO: Using the same fluffy brush, gently swipe on Cinnamon Spice over the same area as the previous step.

STEP THREE: Using a squared brush head with rounded edges (similar to Sigma Beauty E55, I'm using a Coastal Scents brush) pat on Gold Rush onto your lids (just underneath your crease). Pat Gold Rush on your inner corner of your eyes as well as 1/4 of your bottom lash line.

STEP FOUR: Using a Small Tapered Blending Brush (Sigma Beauty E45), blend Hot Chocolate onto crease and outer V. You can blend the whole lot again by using a fluffy brush or you could re-add the Gold Rush onto you lids (I did both).

STEP FIVE: Using a Flat brush (Artiste Professional by Manicare 52, can't find the link but similar to Sigma E58) apply Canmake Pearl Brown creme shadow onto the middle part of you lids (this is so your glitter has something to stick to).

STEP SIX: Apply your glitter. I've used Golden Fairy in the middle and Fairy Dust on either side of Golden Fairy. I did not go overboard with my glitter, just pressed it onto my lid with my finger.

STEP SEVEN: Using the E35, apply Cinnamon Spice on your lower lash line gently in a sweeping motion.
 

STEP EIGHT: Using the BADgal liner, line your water lines on the top and bottom. Then line your top lashes with liquid liner, it may be a little difficult with the glitter being there, but I prefer to do this step after the glitter. Generally because you could easily get glitter over your liner.
 

STEP NINE: Using the Sigma E30 brush, apply Onyx to the lower lash line extending out towards the end of your winged liner. This will give off the smokey effect.
STEP TEN: Curl your top lashes and apply the Rimmel Mascara first. You can stick to one mascara, I like to use two different types as I'm not blessed with long or full lashes :( Add your second coat of mascara (I've used the Jordana Mascara as my second coat).
Then apply your false lashes and have it as close to your lash line as possible, and your done!

I usually apply my foundation and contour first and will do my eyes brows and lips (in that order).
 Here's a close up of my lip colour, I'm wearing MAC liner Nice 'n' Spicy.



 That's all folks! Hope you've enjoyed this tutorial - I've tried my best to explain each step :)

No comments:

Post a Comment